Speciality polymers and recent developments in polymer science and technology are treated. The synthesis, characterisation, and properties are studied. Examples are:
- Engineering plastics for structural applications (e.g. matrices for polymer (nano)composites).
- Polymers with improved thermomechanical properties.
- Electrical conducting polymers.
- Non-linear optical polymers.
- Functional polymers fot the biomedical sector.
- Biodegradable polymers.
- Self-healing polymers.
- Polymers for energy applications.