Six online Master Classes on architectural heritage and historic preservation
Within the framework of the master course ‘Theoretical Reflections on Monument Care’, Stephanie Van de Voorde has invited international experts in the field to give an online Master Class. All Master Classes are open to a wider public. On Thursday October 15, Frederik Vandyck kicks off the series with a lecture on ‘Building Brussels Baukultur’. Thereafter Sara Wermiel, Santiago Huerta, Michael de Bouw, Wouter Callebaut and Alejandra Albuerne take the floor. They will talk about a specific topic in relation to the assessment, restoration or preservation of historic monuments and architectural heritage.
For more details about each Master Class, click here.
- Thursday October 15, 3-4 PM: Frederik Vandyck. Building Brussels Baukultur
- Thursday October 22, 3-4 PM: Sara Wermiel. American historic preservation planning
- Thursday November 12, 3-4 PM: Santiago Huerta. Ethics and Materials
- Thursday November 19, 4-5 PM: Michael de Bouw. Retrofitting and Heritage
- Thursday December 10, 3-4 PM: Wouter Callebout. Stratification of Monuments
- Thursday December 17, 3-4 PM: Alejandra Albuerne. Sustainability of Heritage
[Public lectures organised by the Department of Architectural Engineering are made possible with the support of our sponsors VK Engineering and Wienerberger.]