From waste to biomaterial
Developing mycelium and waste-based materials for the building industry
Mycelium and waste-based biomaterials have great market potential both nationally and internationally. Through co-creative processes new biomaterials will be developed for the building industry.
Throughout the next six months we will:
- Complete material tests on different combinations of different mycelium species and waste types.
- Develop buildability and fabrication protocols and
- Provide proof-of-concept through design and construction of acoustical panels, interior walls and a spatial structure.
- Document a business case for waste and mycelium-based biomaterials.
- Develop a knowledge-sharing platform.