VUB Career Coaching
To kickstart your professional career, Career Coaching offers support in multiple ways.
- Visit our Canvas course to find all sorts of relevant information. Here you find tips and trick on how to create a CV, what you need to mention in you cover letter and more. Other covered topics are practical information, job orientation and more.
- Create your own LinkedIn profile and visit our LinkedIn page. Here you find tools to create a strong LinkedIn profile and presences towards recruiters and organizations.
- Need individual guidance? You can contact one of our career coaches below.
- We offer workshops throughout the academic year.
Job orientation interview
To know the job that suits you best, you need to know a lot about yourself. How do you function in a team? What are your passions? Which challenges are you unsure of? In this one-to-one conversation we explore your interest, passions, skillset and uncertainties. By reflecting and analyzing trough conversation we help you to get closer to you first job.
CV, cover letter & LinkedIn
If you want to stand out as an applicant, a strong CV is a must. During this one to one conversation we review your current CV, cover letter and/or LinkedIn. The goal of this meeting is to enhance your chances to be selected for a first interview by presenting yourself as a strong candidate.
Interview skills, elevator pitch and salary negotiation
Everything you need to know about planning and launching your career. The goal of this one-to-one meeting is to prepare you for the selection process by broading your interview skills, creating your elevator pitch and finally salary negotiation. Together we can translate your interest, expertise and the labour market trend to your career plan.
The career coaching team offers workshops covering different topics:
- Job orientation: which job fits me?
- The selection process, from CV to interviews
- How to create a killer CV & cover letter
- Job interview tips & tricks
- and much more!
Randstad Young Talents
Do you want to apply your fresh theoretical knowledge into a student job? You want to build some first experience in a company where your academic knowledge adds value?
Randstad Young Talents will help you find the ideal side job relevant to your studies! By doing this you strengthen your professional profile in the job market. Ready to enter the job market? Randstad Young Talents helps you matching your personal skillset and talent with the ideal starters position. Want to know more? Please send us an e-mail!
A strong network
Graduated from VUB? Then you are part of a unique network of 75,000 alumni, all ready to build a better future. Be inspired and learn from each other. It opens doors to your future and strengthens you in your job, in your daily life and in the world.
Registering as an alumnus offers many benefits:
- Discounts on and off campus: an annual subscription to Basic-Fit for half-price, student rates in VUB restaurants: being an alumnus pays dividends with the digital alumni card.
- Networks: if you become a member of your faculty or study-programme alumni association, you will keep up to date with developments in your field and get invited to the latest networking events.
- Career inspiration: read the career stories and tips of former students and discover the possibilities for each diploma.
- Continued education: keep an eye on continuing education courses with which to update your skills and expertise in an ever changing world.