Cycling to the VUB
There are bike repair stations with tools for minor repairs on the campuses:
- VUB Health Campus: entrance building A
- VUB Main Campus: Esplanade (in front of Student Information) and at bike shed building K
- VUB Health Campus: the Vélofixer, a bike mechanic with a workshop in a cargo bike, visits the VUB Health Campus a couple of times per year
- VUB Main Campus: the Fietsatelier at Triomflaan 40 is operated by Ateliers de la rue Voot. Here you can repair your bike under supervision of a professional bike mechanic.
- An overview bike services in Brussels.
VUB Bicycle Working Group
The VUB Bicycle Working Group encourages cycling and supports VUB policymakers in making bicycle friendly choices.
If you would like to join the cycling working group or have a question or suggestion, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
2nd hand bikes
In April, you can buy a second-hand bike on the esplanade of the VUB Main Campus at GreenTeam's annual VUB Fietsbrocante.
There are also lots of other opportunities and initiatives to buy second-hand bikes in Brussels.
Rent a bike
Share a bike
Thanks to the Villo! bike rental system you can rent a city bike anywhere and anytime in Brussels. Take a bike at one station and drop it off in another. You can use a shared bike with a monthly subscription or a ticket for a day.
Cycling safely in Brussels
Be sure to check out this overview regarding safe cycling in the city. Make sure you are highly visible and have proper equipment. Staff and students cycling to campus can request a bike kit via firstname.lastname@example.org. This package includes a fluorescent jacket and the Brussels cycling map.
You want to discover Brussels by bike, but you don't know how? Get coached by an experienced cyclist via the Bike Experience.
Take measures to prevent bicycle theft and always secure your bike with a sturdy lock. If you have a more expensive bike, consider an insurance. Be sure to report to the police if your bike is stolen (e.g. via an online police report). See anything suspicious on campus? Call campus security immediately!