What do you learn on the master's programme?
Electronics and information technology span a broad range of topics related to omnipresent systems and devices: smartphones, laptops, robots, games, cars, medical imagers, solar farms, the Internet of Things, and so on. We'll help you become an expert in this field and open up career opportunities in this ever-evolving field. The programme combines rigorous scientific and technical education with practical skills and encourages independence, creativity and inventiveness. The goal? Helping you become a competent engineer who contributes to society on multiple levels.
In the second year of this programme, you can opt for the following three specialisations: nano-, opto-electronics and embedded systems, information and communication technology systems, or measuring, modelling and control.
The strenghts of our Electrical Engineering master's programme
- Hone your research skills, contribute to various technical and scientific innovations and acquire profound theoretical knowledge of the possible applications of electronics and information technology – from individual components all the way up to systems.
- Actively participate in a wide range of research projects on numerous subjects and contribute to the development of cutting-edge technologies.
- Study in an international context and benefit from the combined expertise of VUB and ULB to gain a unique Brussels Faculty of Engineering - 'Bruface' - joint degree.
Student reviews of the course
- Boya Zhang | Student Electrical Engineering
"The master's programme in electrical engineering is challenging but offers a lot in return. The course covers most aspects of information technology, which is very useful in today's job market. Whenever I experience a problem, the educational team is very helpful. Because the program is taught in English, I have no problem keeping up with other students. So far, I have made many friends from different backgrounds and enjoyed many interesting experiences."
- Alina Jose | Student Electrical Engineering
"Coming all the way from India to the heart of Europe has changed my views about education. VUB offers the flexibility required to tackle such a vast and rapidly changing field like electrical engineering. The encouragement and guidance I got from my professors has been invaluable in successfully completing my master's degree. "
Technology remains a key component in our society, and rapid evolutions ensure plenty of job opportunties. As a result, 90% of students enrolled in this programme receive interesting job offers before they graduate. And because English is the working language throughout the programme, the international job market will invite you with open arms as well.
A better idea of the programme?
Would you like to know more about this VUB programme? Take part in our (online) study choice activities. Leaf through our brochure, chat with other students, put questions to our professors in an online info session, read our alumni testimonials or attend an open lecture or info day.