There are so many exciting opportunities for you as a chemistry graduate. You can take your next steps in the private or public sectors or in the non-profit domain, or continue your academic career as a PhD researcher.
What have you learnt?
The skills acquired will naturally be shaped by your chosen specialisation track: Analytical and Environmental Chemistry and Chemical Theory, (Bio-)Molecular Design and Synthesis. But whichever route you choose, you will acquire both theory and practice. In the framework of your master's dissertation, you'll be involved in fundamental and applied research and learn how to work out relevant, original, and innovative solutions for contemporary issues in the broadly defined field of chemistry. This master's in Chemistry opens many doors for an interesting career in one of the most research-intensive and growing sectors worldwide. Graduates are in great demand in government labs, food safety and research, production of drinking water, waste management, and many other environmental aspects... Opportunities lie in many different branches, ranging from research and production to medical laboratories, hospitals, and sales and management. The choice is yours!
Keen to continue your academic career? You can apply for a Ph.D. position at VUB! All you need is a promoter, research subject, and sufficient funding. Are you up for the challenge? Or look into our Postgraduates and Microcredentials, short programmes that might meet your interest.
What professions will it allow you to enter?
With the Internship, you will be prepared for careers in both technical and business aspects of chemistry. Is your next step becoming a quality assurance officer, technical director, or project manager? By giving you experience with research, this degree also opens the doors to a scientific career at universities, institutes, or even the private sector. Did you know that your study experience provides direct access to a Ph.D. within the fields of organic, environmental, or computational chemistry? What about pharmaceutical R&D manager, compound development team leader, expert in analytical development, or something else?
Not sure where to start? We'll help you take your first steps into the job market.
Do you know that VUB sometimes looks for chemists?
That's right! You can build an exciting and meaningful career as a chemist here at your alma mater. As a large organisation we look for very diverse profiles.
Join our community of former students
On graduation from VUB you become part of a unique network of 75,000 former students (known as alumni) who are ready to build a better future. We exchange as many experiences, ideas and other forms of knowledge as possible to stand stronger together in our jobs, our lives and the world outside.
So, besides strengthening your position on the labour market, a VUB diploma gives you a network you can build on to realise your professional ambitions and make a difference in the world. Do you need more reasons? We list more below for you.
... it's worth it!
- Benefits on and off campus - A BasicFit annual subscription at half the price, student rates in the Resto... : being a former student pays off with a digital alumni pass.
- Help with job applications - It is sometimes hard for young alumni to find their way on the labour market. We help you get off to a flying start.
- Networking - Join your faculty or study-programme alumni association and keep up to date with the latest networking events and developments in your field.
- Career inspiration - Are you looking for a job that matches your passions? Read the career stories and tips of former students and discover the possibilities per diploma.
- Our continuing education - Society and the labour market are constantly on the move. Our continuing education courses keep your knowledge and skills relevant. For a lifetime.