Pedal with us towards a bike-friendly Brussels with the Fietswerkgroep
Cyclists in Brussels need support more than ever. Policy can and must improve! That’s why the role of the Fietswerkgroep (Cycle Working Group) is crucial. The project is the chain between two wheels: (VUB) cyclists on one side and the cycling policy of VUB and in Brussels on the other. Will you help to get VUB cycling?
In the Fietswerkgroep, everything revolves around getting more people on their bikes, in the best possible circumstances. Think: attractive cycle allowances, safe, spacious cycle paths and facilities, etc.
To achieve that, the Fietswerkgroep is looking for you, enthusiastic cyclist and VUBer, to help support and enhance the project. With the working group, you’ll have constructive dialogue with the university and the municipality to achieve better cycle facilities. You’ll give your all to get people moving and improve cycling policy!
Are you a keen cyclist who’s always trying to convince the people around you to cycle instead of taking the car? Then the Fietswerkgroep needs you!
- A keen cyclist
- Commitment and enthusiasm to contribute to a better cycling policy at VUB and in Brussels
- Tons of ideas for cycle-friendly campaigns
- Plenty of motivation to be part of a working group
- Perhaps even hidden talents for cycle repair?
What’s in it for you?
- Great colleagues in a motivated working group
- You’ll actively contribute to a better cycling policy
- You’ll make an impact on the whole university and, in a wider sense, on all cyclists in Brussels
- You’ll gain communication and organisational skills
- You’ll regularly take part in fun cycle rides and other activities