The training will deepen and extend the knowledge of trainers in the following aspects:
• Introduce novel AI techniques, invented in research but not yet commonly known, to give an edge to AI implementations in Brussels.
• Deepen the underlying understanding of AI to improve the robustness of implementations. Mainly, we wish to link coding-level artifacts to both the conceptual/philosophical and the mathematical levels.
• Extend the portfolio of AI techniques, including lesser-known but nevertheless equally important and potent techniques.
• Create awareness about the ethical aspects of AI implementation.
Target Audience and Discount
This training was designed for trainers in public/non-profit/corporate academies and training centers as well as data scientists that want to upskill their colleagues and teams. Having programming experience and a basic understanding of AI, Data Science, and Machine Learning is required.
As FARI is supported by the European Resilience & Recovery Fund (RRF), we can offer a 50% discount to participants from the following target groups:
- Public administrations
- Public institutions
- Research institutions
- Educational institutions
- NGOs and non-profit organisations
- Brussels based companies
- Brussels citizens
The first session will focus on some practical AI problems
• 9:30 A real though simplified problem is given to the students;
• 10:00 Participants tackle the problem, in pairs, on their own;
• 11:00 The tutor helps students move forward, and identifies problems;
• 12:30 Encountered problems are discussed in the group.
• 13:00 Lunch break
• 14:00 The AI solution is presented; students try to unravel how it works.
• 14:30 The mechanisms behind the AI technique/approach are explained.
• 15:30 Small exercises are done to empower the participants.
• 16:30 Wrap-up and further reading
During the day, participants are continuously challenged by asking questions, for example on ethical implications. The goal is to increase their critical thinking skills while stimulating their creativity in how the techniques could be applied.
The second session will focus on how to transmit the knowledge and insights to your own trainees and/or team members, providing and practicing practical tools and methodologies.