Less Walls, More Bridges
Are you a creative VUBer who loves to paint? Do you think mental health is important, and do you want to create more connections in our capital? Then Less Walls is for you!
Less Walls is an initiative by The City is our Playground in collaboration with VUB. In this project you’ll use a series of walls and objects on VUB’s Etterbeek campus as a canvas, to illustrate the identity and togetherness of the neighbours. After months of physical absence from the campus, this is a unique opportunity to create a close-knit group and enhance the sense of togetherness and inclusivity at our university.
During a series of creative and participative activities, you’ll explore the needs, wishes, diversity and identity of the local community. In practice, you’ll reflect on online issues and take part in pop-ups and workshops, where you’ll begin a dialogue with the community via questions and drawing exercises. Along with other creative VUBers, you’ll transform the results of this co-creation into a whole, after which you and the local community will draw the design on selected objects and walls. Together you’ll illustrate the shared love you have for Brussels and you’ll ensure that our capital and its communities are more connected than ever!
- A creative VUBer who loves to paint
- A true team player
- Love for Brussels
- Passion for making a positive difference in Brussels society
- A free diary in January, March and June (exact dates to be communicated)
- Humanity and sincerity
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of this cultural project has a positive effect on your social development
- You’ll give a voice to those who are often unheard
- You’ll improve general wellbeing by reconnecting people
- You’ll learn to appreciate yourself through your own creative contribution
- A positive impact on mental health and wellbeing, sustainable communities, strong institutions and partnership
- The chance to uncover the needs and wants of the VUB community, so policy can respond quickly to best align itself with the community
- Influence on the development, execution and decisions of the project
*As an Urban Engaged University, we call upon our VUB community to help build a better world through social engagement. On the "The World Needs You" platform, the VUB collects socially meaningful projects on which students, staff, alumni and sympathisers can collaborate. These projects do not represent the university. The initiatives and communication are the responsibility of the project organisers and do not represent the university's position.