A big heart for VUB'ers
Would you like to guide new VUB students? Do you think it is important for new students to feel good at our university? Then sign up as a VUBuddy!
What is a VUBuddy?
As a VUBuddy, you help new students ease their transition to university. You will show them the ropes in the new university world, so that they can quickly find their place!
What is my role?
- You offer a listening ear when necessary
- You are the first point of contact for (studying-related) questions
- You point students to the appropriate services
- As a VUBuddy, you share personal experiences
- You bring fellow students into contact with each other by getting together yourself or by taking part in the organised VUBuddy activities.
What's in it for me?
- During the two-hour VUBuddy course, you will receive all the necessary information about the VUB to help new students or to refer them to a mentor. Also topics such as communication tips, intercultural communication, how to deal with stress, resilience, ... will be discussed, so you can develop the necessary VUBuddy skills!
- You have autonomy, freedom and creativity to organise activities
- You receive recognition and appreciation from your fellow students
- You feel connected within the university
- You work on your personal development
- You will receive a recognised VUBuddy certificate after your commitment
Looking for a VUBuddy?
Are you new at VUB? Still finding your way and interested in meeting other students? Then a VUBuddy is something for you!
VUBuddy, what's that?
A VUBuddy is an experienced VUB student who is studying the same as you and who helps you with the transition to university. Your VUBuddy will help you find your way around the campus so you can quickly find your place!
What can I expect from my buddy?
- Your VUBuddy offers a listening ear where necessary,
- will be your first point of contact for (study-related) questions,
- will refer you to the right services,
- will share personal experiences and
- will bring you into contact with fellow students by organising meetings or by participating in organised VUBuddy activities.
What's in it for me?
- You quickly learn your way around the new academic world,
- will get to know fellow students in your field of study,
- will receive interesting study tips & facts from an experienced expert,
- will be kept informed of interesting events and unmissable VUB info,
- have a first point of contact where you can go with your questions and
- can participate in nice activities and feel connected to your university.
*As an Urban Engaged University, we call upon our VUB community to help build a better world through social engagement. On the "The World Needs You" platform, the VUB collects socially meaningful projects on which students, staff, alumni and sympathisers can collaborate. These projects do not represent the university. The initiatives and communication are the responsibility of the project organisers and do not represent the university's position.