A master's degree opens doors in many different branches and sectors. You can find work in the private sector, (non-)governmental organisations, or continue your academic career as a PhD researcher.
What have you learnt?
During your studies, you examined various health problems of a neuromusculoskeletal nature. This on both theoretical and practical level, during practice moments and your internship. The spine no longer holds any secrets for you. Even complex issues can now be treated optimally.
Would you like to continue studying after obtaining your master's degree and before entering the professional world? We offer advanced master's programmes and many postgraduate programmes and microcredentials to broaden and/or deepen your academic knowledge. A doctorate is also one of your options. A broad and particularly high-quality offering, and an extra asset on your CV.
What professions will it allow you to enter?
After this programme you receive official recognition as a manuel therapist by the International Federation of Orthopaedic Manipulative Physical Therapists (IFOMPT). Pursue a career in the private sector or at various (non-) governmental organisations.
Who better to tell you about the courses and your options after graduation than the students who followed the programme:
- Lorenzo Atta | Manual therapist
"The expertise of the faculty, the high level of the courses, and the opportunity to engage with colleagues from all over the world made me choose this master's programme. Mixed learning modalities, both online and in-person, allowed me to profitably pursue my study and work. Last but not least, the hands-on dissection workshops were something invaluable to gain an in-depth knowledge of human anatomy and to translate it into the care of patients in my everyday practice."
- Matteo Bianchi | Manuel therapist
"The international Manual Therapy programme is a great opportunity to prove your knowledge in an international context. The teachers are very skilled professionals and the courses are thaught into detail about the subject. In my opinion, the anatomy dissection course is was the best one of the programme since it combined theoretical notions and practical skills. It really helped to bring the theory to the clinical setting. Moreover the chance to network with students from different countries and backgrounds brought interesting cultural aspects to the programme."
Are you aware that VUB sometimes looks for manual therapist?
That's right! You can build an exciting and meaningful career as a manual therapist here at your alma mater. As a large organisation we look for very diverse profiles.
Join our community of former students
On graduation from VUB you become part of a unique network of 75,000 former students (known as alumni) who are ready to build a better future. We exchange as many experiences, ideas and other forms of knowledge as possible to stand stronger together in our jobs, our lives and the world outside.
So, besides strengthening your position on the labour market, a VUB diploma gives you a network you can build on to realise your professional ambitions and make a difference in the world. Do you need more reasons? We list more below for you.
... it's worth it!
- Benefits on and off campus - A BasicFit annual subscription at half the price, student rates in the Resto... : being a former student pays off with a digital alumni pass.
- Help with job applications - It is sometimes hard for young alumni to find their way on the labour market. We help you get off to a flying start.
- Networking - Join your faculty or study-programme alumni association and keep up to date with the latest networking events and developments in your field.
- Career inspiration - Are you looking for a job that matches your passions? Read the career stories and tips of former students and discover the possibilities per diploma.
- Our continuing education - Society and the labour market are constantly on the move. Our continuing education courses keep your knowledge and skills relevant. For a lifetime.