What to expect
From December 2023 onwards, we will be organising online info sessions for students interested in starting at VUB in September 2024. There will be general sessions for international students, programme specific sessions and sessions on topics such as student housing and visa formalities.
IMPORTANT: Questions about ongoing application files cannot be answered during the online info sessions.
Info sessions for international students
International Relations Office (IRMO)
- General info session for international students. Monthly sessions are organised as of December 2023, and will run until June 2024.
- This info session provides general information on the university’s offer, student life and general application information. Please book one of the programme specific info sessions to ask your academic related questions.
- Blocked account procedure for visa-required students: One session will be organised in April, May and June 2024.
- This info session provides a complete overview of the necessary steps to set up a blocked account. Topics include: how to complete the online application, administration before departure, administration upon arrival, etc.
- Visa formalities for visa-required students: One session will be organised in April, May and June 2024.
- This info session provides a complete overview of the necessary steps to apply for a visa. Topics include: types of visa, application procedure, duration of the procedure, necessary documents to declare, etc.
- Health insurance for international students: One session will be organised in April, May and June 2024.
- This info session provides a complete overview on how to set up the mandatory basic health insurance in Belgium. Topics include: which documents to declare, how to start the procedure, registration as a (non-)resident, different health insurance (providers), etc.
- Info session on all practical information regarding VUB housing (incl. application and allocation process).
- In February and April the sessions will focus on VUB accommodation and the private housing in Brussels. The session in May will mainly focus on the private housing in Brussels.
Participating English-taught programmes
Join the programme specific presentations and participate in the Q&A sessions.
Would you like to see an overview of all the English-taught programmes at the VUB? Then take a look at www.vub.be/en/programmes. Most programme specific info sessions will be organised as of February 2024.
- Faculty of Engineering
- More information will follow soon
- Faculty of Languages & Humanities
- Multilingual Bachelor in Linguistics and Literary Studies
- Multilingual Master in Linguistics and Literary Studies
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy
- Research Master in Gerontological Sciences
- Faculty of Physical Education and Physiotherapy
- Master of Science in Manual Therapy
- Postgraduate Clinical Anatomy
- Postgraduate Rehabilitation & Human Sustainable Technology
- Micro-credential Rehabilitation and prevention in the healthy ageing context
- Faculty of Psychology & Educational Sciences
- Master of Science in Educational Sciences
- Faculty of Science and Bio-engineering Sciences
- More information will follow soon
- Faculty of Social Sciences & Solvay Business School
- Bachelor of Science in Business Economics
- Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences
- Master of Science in Business Engineering: Business & Technology
- Master of Science in Communication Studies: Journalism and Media in Europe
- Master of Science in Communication Studies: Digital Media in Europe
- Master of Science in International Business
- Master of Science in Management
- Master of Science in Political Science: European and International Governance