Prospective students with a Flemish 'Bachelor of Science in de ingenieurswetenschappen' or a 'Bachelier Ingénieur Civil'.
Admission after screening
With preparatory programme
Prospective students with different degrees will undergo an evaluation based on their academic background, results, motivation, and language skills and can enter the programme via a 21 or 27 credit preparatory programme. The preparation programme and the master's can be taken together but in practice, two academic years is a more realistic time frame for many students. Students with a master's degree should not take the subject 'Research Methods for Business '.
This programme is designed for prospective students who have an academic bachelor's or a master's degree but possess limited or no prior academic experience in business, economics, and/or management. Prospective students with the following degrees will not be eligible:
- Business Administration
- International Business
- Business Economics
In such cases, you might be a better-suited candidate for our Master in International Business programme.
Prospective students should always apply directly to the master's programme, not the preparatory programme.
We acknowledge the following proofs of English language proficiency:
- A Belgian high school qualification
- A certificate from the institution where you completed secondary or higher education, stating that English was the language of instruction
- A certificate of one of the following language tests corresponding to the Common European Framework of Reference with a minimum level of B2:
- TOEFL (only the internet-based test is accepted) with a minimum level of 79
- IELTS academic module, with a minimum level of 6.5
- Cambridge English minimum grade scale score of 170
- ITACE with a minimum level of B2
Please note that language test results cannot be older than 5 years at the time of application. You must meet the language requirements before we can accept you. We do not issue letters of acceptance without proof of language proficiency.
During the online application procedure to initiate the screening process, you'll need to upload the following documents:
- Proof of identity (Passport or ID)
- Headshot photograph
- Official documents of all higher education degrees (both original and translated versions)
- Official documents of all higher education transcripts of records (both original and translated versions)
- Motivational letter
- Two recommendation letters (optional)
- Proof of English language proficiency
Do you have any questions? Contact the Faculty of Social Sciences & Solvay Business School at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You're convinced to start this study? It makes sense: our university is one of the best in Belgium and beyond. Allow us to take you through the steps of the application and enrolment process as swiftly as possible.
If you need help during the application and enrolment procedure, don't panic. We've listed useful tips for your application and enrolment, as well as a step-by-step guide through the entire application procedure and an answer to the most frequently asked questions.