2022_Openbaar vervoer_Tram_MIVB_S_211336621

Metro, bus & tram in Brussels

Do you mainly travel around Brussels by public transport? Then you probably use the MIVB. With a STIB-MIVB travel pass you can take the tram, bus and metro.

What travel passes are there?
  • STIB-MIVB school pass: valid for the entire STIB-MIVB network (€12 per academic year). Please note! You may not be more than 24 years old to be eligible for a STIB-MIVB school pass.
  • BRUPASS school pass: valid for the entire STIB-MIVB network and De Lijn, TEC and SNCB networks in Brussels (€90 per academic year).


How do you apply for a travel pass?
  • Go to a BOOTIK (with ID) or buy your travel pass online via GO EASY (with your electronic ID card).
  • You need an enrolment certificate for this. You will receive this automatically after enrolling at VUB.
  • Buy a personal MOBIB card and load up your school pass here.


How do you renew your travel pass?
  • Upload your registration certificate via school.mivb.be.
  • The day after the confirmation, you can load your travel pass onto your MOBIB card at the neares GO vending machine and pay.


Do you only occasionally use the STIB-MIVB buses, trams or metro?

Then there are other options besides a travel pass:

  • You can buy a BRUPASS 1- or 10-ride ticket.
  • Between 11:00 p.m. and 06:00 a.m., the Collecto night taxi is recommended.

MOBIB card for all your subscriptions and tickets

The reloadable MOBIB card brings together your tickets and subscriptions from the SNCB, STIB-MIVB, De Lijn, TEC, B-parking, Cambio and Villo. This way you don’t have to juggle different cards for different services. You can order a MOBIB card for €5 in a BOOTIK or via Go Easy. The card is valid for 5 years.

By train to VUB

Will you commute by train to VUB? If you are younger than 26, you have the choice between two travel pass packages. Find out what’s best for you, at belgianrail.be.

Student Multi
  • 10-ride card with which you travel the same fixed route 2 or 3 times a week within a period of 49 calendar days.
  • Why? In many cases cheaper than a Youth Multi (€53 for 10 rides with free choice of departure and arrival)
  • Are you following an interuniversity programme that involves frequent travel between 2 universities? Then you can apply for a Student Multi for both paths if you submit a certificate proving that you are attending classes on both campuses.
Student pass (on a MOBIB card)

Unlimited pass for 1, 3 or 12 months on a fixed route.Β  Why? The most cost-effective solution if you make 4 or more round trips a week.

How can you apply for or renew a pass?
  • You can apply for or renew your SNCB travel pass at an SNCB station.
  • Make sure you have the following with you:
    • VUB enrolment certificate. You will receive this automatically after enrolling at VUB.
    • β€œApplication for a railcard” form (you will find this on the SNCB website)
    • Your electronic ID card o €5 to activate the card

Buses between Brussels and Flanders

Will you be coming from Flanders by bus? Then a travel pass with De Lijn may be something for you.

Buzzy Pazz

With the Buzzy Pazz, students can enjoy unlimited travel on all De Lijn transport except the Limburg express lines. This pass costs €212 for 1 year + €5 for the creation of your MOBIB card.

Please note! You may not be more than 24 years old to be eligible for a Buzzy Pazz.

How do you apply for one?

This can be done online or in a Sales PointΒ (with a completed application form and ID card).