The impact of your student status 

We've summed up the most important regulations that can impact you as a student:

Working student status

Combining a job with your studies? Then you can request the working student status. A working student is someone who has a main profession and is also a student. Under certain conditions it's possible to combine your studies with unemployment benefits.

You can request the working student status when you apply at VUB. To help you combine your work and studies, there are different measures and facilities available such as paid educational leave, time credit and a career break. If you wish to benefit from these, it's important to register as a working student, so our administration can provide you the necessary documentation.

As a working student, you may also benefit from financial support from VUB if your study costs weigh (too) heavily on your budget.

All about combining work and study