How can we help?
The student psychologists are happy to help you with questions on a variety of topics such as:
- (Study) stress
- Fear of failure
- Difficulty with motivation/concentration
- Study choice/Reorientation
Get started yourself first with the range of tips & tricks. Do you like to learn in group? Then you can participate in one of the interactive group sessions. Still in need of an individual appointment? Schedule an intake with someone from the team of student psychologists.
Perhaps you struggle with other (psychological) complaints that are not listed here.The student psychologist can help you to find appropriate help.
Financial contribution towards mental healthcare
All mental healthcare offered by VUB is free of charge.
If the mental healthcare cannot be provided by the internal VUB support system or (subsidised) support from our external partners (CGG, CAW, TEJO, ELPs), perhaps due to long patient waiting times, you can apply for a financial contribution.
The matter relates, for example, to mental health assessments or non-study-related mental healthcare which involves an impact on the student’s educational functioning and requires support.
This contribution is a pilot project in academic year 2022-2023, and financed by the Caroline Pauwels Relief Fund. The conditions for this support may be adjusted for academic year 2023-2024.
- You are enrolled as a student at VUB.
- You have to meet the study conditions established by the Department of Scholarships of the Flemish Community.
- The mental healthcare cannot be provided by the internal VUB support or (subsidised) support from our external partners (CGG, CAW, TEJO, ELPs), or perhaps due to long patient waiting times. The matter relates, for example, to mental health assessments or non-study-related student mental-healthcare which involves an impact on the student’s educational functioning and necessitates support.
- The therapy and assessment is/will be provided by a recognised psychologist/service.
- Financial support is received for
a. 8 individual sessions maximum at € 30 per session maximum (240 euro maximum)
b. 2/3 of the amount or € 240 maximum for a group offer
c. 2/3 of the amount or € 480 maximum for mental health assessment, and this per academic year, or a combination of these 3 aspects is possible
- This support can be requested just once per academic year.