Campus security is responsible for security on campus. They can intervene both on the spot (e.g. in a case of aggression, violence, theft, nuisance, unauthorised persons), and after the facts (e.g. burglary, vandalism). They are in the best position to guide emergency services on campus.
What does the security team do for your safety?
- are present on campus 24/7.
- patrol the entire campus and the VUB student districts day and night.
- process incident reports.
- are equipped with a first-aid kit. The guards are trained in first-aid and therefore able to provide assistance in case of emergencies.
- at the VUB Main Campus (Etterbeek) have a defibrillator. At the VUB Health Campus (Jette), there is a defibrillator in the hall of Building A.
- will accompany you to your car or the nearest public transport stop if you do not feel safe.
- help you to restart your car (flat battery) or notify the breakdown services in the event of a breakdown.
- respond if the intruder alarms are activated on campus.
The VUB internal security service is insured against physical or material damage resulting from the exercise of its private security activities. Injured parties may contact the insurance company Ethias. The policy number is 45.041.893. For further information please contact the VUB Insurance department at firstname.lastname@example.org.