As a general rule, every study programme comes with its own set of conditions. You will find all the requirements for your chosen programme by clicking 'admission requirements' under the 'programme' tab.
Which degree is required?
- You have or will soon have a bachelor's degree in engineering sciences of at least three years, or consisting of at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent (such as 130 US credits or semester contact hours).
- You have overall above-average grades, which in the US grading system means level B or a GPA of minimum 3 out of 4. For conversion to the US grading system, please consult <this page>.
- You have obtained a minimum of 20 ECTS credits or equivalent in mathematics courses, and 15 ECTS or equivalent in other fundamental science courses such as chemistry, physics and mechanics.
- You have obtained an above-average score for the mathematics courses, which means a score of minimum 3 out of 4, 14 out of 20 or equivalent B level .
- You can or will be able to prove your knowledge of the English language.
Will I need to sit an entrance exam?
You will not need to sit an entrance exam to begin the programme.
Are there any language requirements?
We accept the following proof of English language proficiency:
- A secondary school diploma from the Belgian educational system;
- A certificate from the institution where you completed secondary or higher education, stating that English was the language of instruction;
- A certificate of one of the following language tests corresponding to the Common European Framework of Reference with minimum level B2:
- TOEFL (internet-based test) with minimum level: 79
- IELTS academic module, with minimum level: 6.5
- Cambridge English minimum grade scale score of 170
- ITACE with minimum level B2
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we realise it may be tricky to take a test in person. So, we also accept the TOEFL IBT Special Home Edition and the IELTS Indicator. These are variants of the classic TOEFL and IELTS tests that can be taken at home.
- This proof can be provided by presenting results of a language test or documents issued by your home institution. Please note your language test results must not be older than 5 years at the moment of application.
Are there any other conditions?
Specific admission criteria: If you're coming from another institution, we'll evaluate your admission in a complete application file. If you have a bachelor's degree in the same field of study, you'll be given direct access once your application file has been evaluated. If you hold another engineering degree, your application must be approved by the curriculum council.
Application deadline: If you're interested, we advise you to apply as soon as possible, even if you have not yet obtained your degree. Applications must be submitted through our website, www.bruface.eu. If you require a visa (non-EU/EEA nationals), you’ll need to submit your pre-application before 1 April. If you do not require a visa, you must submit your pre-application before 1 September. Note: don’t miss the deadline if your proof of English proficiency or APS certificate is not ready! You can always submit it later on.
Tuition fees: You will pay the tuition fee at the institution at which you enrol, according to the institution’s legal requirements. The tuition fee for non-EU students is recalculated yearly and jointly by both institutions, taking into account the legislation in both regions. Indication of annual tuition fee: €800 – €3,000. A detailed overview of the tuition fees can be found at www.bruface.eu.
If you hold a foreign diploma (non-Belgian degree), you have to consider specific administration. Let us guide you through these steps:
You're convinced to start this study? It makes sense: our university is one of the best in Belgium and beyond. Allow us to take you through the steps of the application and enrolment process as swiftly as possible.
If you need help during the application and enrolment procedure, don't panic. We've listed useful tips for your application and enrolment, as well as a step-by-step guide through the entire application procedure and an answer to the most frequently asked questions.