Are you thinking about applying at VUB? Great idea! Our university is among the best in Belgium and abroad.

We will gladly guide you through the different steps of the enrolment process.


First things first. You will need to apply and get permission to study before you can enrol. Please visit this webpage for all the information on how to submit an application.

After submitting your application, the Admissions Office will start processing your file. You will receive email updates concerning the proceedings of your application.



The enrolment itself

Contrary to what is mentioned on your acceptance letter, you should not pass by our office to finalise your enrolment.

We would like to ask you to contact your previous school so they may directly confirm your diploma at admissions@vub.be.* This will allow us to verify your information and allow you to sign the online enrolment contract. This email needs to be sent from an email address which we can verify on their website, preferably from the registrar's office. The mail should mention your full name, your year of graduation and the name of the degree you've obtained.

*You do not have to do this if your diploma was obtained at a Flemish institution.

Other means of digital verification are acceptable as well if your previous institution offers it.
If you have a Chinese diploma, we accept CHESICC's Online Verification Report.
If your diploma is an International Baccalaureate, please contact IB and give them permission to share your results with us through the International Baccalaureate Information System (IBIS).

For more information regarding completing the enrolment after your acceptance, please check here.

Visa and health insurance

In most cases Belgian embassies and consular posts are processing applications for student visas. Please take a look at the website of the embassy or consular post for your country. More information can be found here. At the moment you will not need a visa into Belgium to enrol at the VUB. Please note however that this is obligatory for the Belgian Government should classes recommence on campus and you wish to travel to Belgium.

The same goes for the health insurance in Belgium, it is not required to enrol but is required if you travel to Belgium.

For more information on preparing your stay, your visa application, etc. please visit this website.


Once you have enrolled, and your contract is signed, an e-mail containing a password for your VUB account will be sent to your e-mail address. With this you will be able to login and activate your VUB account. You should activate this immediately! You will then be asked to choose a new password.

After this, there's only one thing you need to do: register your courses. You can do this online. For more info on how you should do this, visit our student portal.